May 30, 2012

Quick Bite: The BFD at Q's

Usually, I don't write about restaurants unless I have the opportunity to give a full review.  This is a time intensive and expensive process, because I don't feel I can accurately describe what a restaurant is like unless I've tried at least three or four items on their menu.  For instance, I had to scrap a would be review of Salt Tears Coffee House and Noshery simply because (after a decadent breakfast with the wife,) I haven't been able to afford to go back for lunch, and now that I can I don't really remember what I intended to say about the first meal.  Apart from some meager ad revenue everytime somebody clicks on the links littering the corner of these pages, I don't profit from doing this, so reviews have to take a backseat to everything else; they're really just bonus content whenever I am lucky enough to be in the position to go out to eat a bunch, and that hasn't been much of a thing lately.



That being said, I knew I'd be remiss if I didn't write about the BFD at Q's (6570 Fairview Ave, Boise, Idaho (208) 322-9122)  While intentionally invoking the more traditional words behind the abbreviation (Big F'ing Deal,) the BFD in this case stands for Burger-Fries-Draft.  More specifically, for a mere two dollars and ninety-five cents you get a hamburger, served on a toasted bun with your choice of condiments, a giant pile of thick cut french fries tossed in seasoning salt, and a pint of beer.  It is perhaps the best deal in all of Boise, and it's available all day, every day.  You can't take the kids--Q's is a bar as much as it is a restaurant (as evidenced by the fact that even over a year after Boise banned smoking in bars, you can still smell a faint hint of the ghost of tobacco past lingering by the pool tables)--but I highly encourage you, the next time you are hungry and have a couple dollars crumpled up in your pocket, to skip the fast food chains and stop into Q's for a burger.  The beer is cold, the jukebox has good tunes, and if the constant stream of ESPN that plays in every bar isn't your speed, they have a TV completely dedicated to bar trivia. 

Oh, and if you do decide to check out the BFD, do me a favor and tell them where you heard about their deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment